There are an infinite number of ways to segment customers. Repeat Customer Insights includes a few of the more effective ones. Which methods you use will depend on your goals and to a lesser extent, your brand.
Here's a few off the top of my head that cover:
- how recently they've ordered
- how many orders they've placed
- how much they've spent
- RFM (which is a combination of the above three)
- seasonal ordering
- demographic data (e.g. age, gender, income, etc)
- psychographic data (e.g. values, attitudes, interests, etc)
- traffic source
- first traffic source (i.e. how they first heard about you)
- advertising campaign
- content seen (email, web, podcast)
- products purchased
- product categories purchased
- grading algorithms (which can include any number of other methods)
The list goes on and on. Anytime you ask "which customers [do/have/are]?" you're segmenting.
Segment your customers to find the diamonds in the rough
Not all customers are equal but it is difficult to dig through all of your data to find the best customers.
Repeat Customer Insights will automatically analyze your Shopify customers to find the best ones. With over 150 segments applied automatically, it gives your store the analytics power of the big stores but without requiring a data scientist on staff.