When you're segmenting your customers it can become clear that some segments are more valuable than others. The Automatic Segments in Repeat Customer Insights are no different.
These are the segments that are important to watch carefully. I've provided the RFM values if you're wanting to do more detailed analysis.
Your best customers:
- VIP (Recency: 5, Frequency: 5)
- Loyal (Recency: 3, 4, 5, Frequency: 4 or 5)
- Recent whale (Recency: 3, 4, or 5, Monetary: 5)
- Whale (Frequency: 1 or 2, Monetary: 4 or 5)
Customers who have potential to be great:
- Potential loyal (Recency: 4 or 5, Frequency: 2 or 3)
- High AOV (Frequency and Monetary varies in lock-step, you'll need the app to see them)
Segments to watch for defection detection:
- Defection risk loyal (Recency: 2, Frequency: 4 or 5)
- Defection risk whale (Recency: 2, Monetary: 5)
Any segment can be useful when you're focusing your optimizations but the handful above at great overall segments to keep your eye on at all times.
Retain the best customers and leave the worst for your competitors to steal
If you're having problems with customers not coming back or defecting to competitors, Repeat Customer Insights might help uncover why that's happening.
Using its analyses you can figure out how to better target the good customers and let the bad ones go elsewhere.