I was thinking about what can be done to make this year's holiday rush better. I put together this checklist for Shopify stores to maximize the value from new and repeat customers.
- Give customers a reason to subscribe to your emails.
- New customers are added to a New Customer Welcome Campaign post-purchase.
- New Customer Welcome Campaign sends regular emails over a period of time greater than your average next purchase time (order 2 Customer Purchase Latency metric in Repeat Customer Insights).
- New Customer Welcome Campaign offers help, support, and FAQs to customers.
- New Customer Welcome Campaign softly mentions additional products or services.
- Repeat customers are given equal or better discounts and offers than new customers.
- Repeat customers have first access or early announcements for new products, restocking, and other promotions.
- Customers are incentivized to place their next order in a short time frame (time scarcity).
Start by reviewing the list and see which ones you already do. Then pick one and get started implementing. You might not get to them all before the rush, but you can come back to this list later on.
Learn which products lead to the customers who spend the most
You can use the First Product Analysis in Repeat Customer Insights to see which products lead to the customers who spend the most. Going beyond best sellers, it looks at the long-term purchasing behavior of your customers.